Saturday, April 28, 2018
Preserve Your Memories
You dreamed of the dress you would wear on your wedding day
and have possibly tried on countless dresses looking for THE one.
You dazzled your guests and felt like a princess, but now
may be wondering what to do with that very important dress now?
Protect your investment and ensure enjoyment of this special part
of your wedding day for future generations.
Taking your wedding dress to a dry cleaners is a great way to preserve your investment.
-Get your dress (and/or other items) to the cleaners within less than 3 weeks in order
to prevent stains from setting.
-Avoid cleaners who use vacuum-sealing or shrink-wrapping.
-Make sure to point out any known stains to your chosen cleaner.
-Ideal storing conditions are cool, dry, and a spot away from sunlight.
-If possible do not store in an attic or basement.
-Do not store your dress in an untreated cardboard box as it will yellow.
Thursday, April 19, 2018
Friday, April 13, 2018
Planning Your Reception Layout
This can be an intimidating task if you have never attempted it before.
Listed below are three trusted and easy to use floor plan creators.
Each have their own special features and benefits.
They all allow you to create a floor plan that is to scale so you will
know positively that your tables will fit as you would like and they
allow you to strategize where all your guests will be seated.
"Event planning is easy with SmartDraw event planning software. Start with the exact event layout template you need—not just a blank screen. Drag and drop specialized catering and floor plan symbols, add your information, and our event planning software does the rest, aligning everything and applying professional design themes for great results every time.
SmartDraw is the perfect all-in-one event planning tool for creating everything you may need to plan your next event whether you're a professional or just an organized do-it-yourselfer."
"Simply put, Planning Pod has made every step of creating event floor plans easier. Adding and customizing elements. Building templates for frequently used layouts. Collaborating with staff and clients online. Seating attendees at seats. And downloading colorful, printable PDFs, attendee lists and name tags. All in one convenient tool."
WeddingWire...Take a Seat
"Create the floorplan. Drag and drop tables to mimic your exact reception layout. Seat your guests.
We sync your guest list with the floorplan to make choosing tables easy. Share your seating chart.
Easily print, export or email everything to your fiancé, planner or venue.
Deciding who’s going to sit where can be overwhelming, but our wedding seating chart tool makes it easy. We’ll help you set up a floor plan, seat your guests and share the chart with your VIPs.
Foam boards and thumbtacks won’t be needed. With our wedding guest seating tool, you can drag and drop tables to mimic your reception layout. This will help you visualize where the tables will be, and where guests will sit at each table.
How do you make sure all your guests have seats? Our seating chart tool lets you sync your guestlist with the floorplan. Watch your seating arrangements take shape by placing everyone in the seat of your choice.
Lots of people will want to glance at your wedding guest seating plan. Easily print, export or email everything to your finacé, planner, venue, or anyone else who may need it. They’ll have it in their hands in a few clicks (or taps if you’re on your phone or tablet)."https://www.weddingwire.com/wedding-planning/wedding-seating-tables.html
Wednesday, April 4, 2018
Five Quick Tips
For A Successful Sparkler Send Off
1. Purchase extra long (at least 20") wedding sparklers. This will provide the photographer with enough time to capture those magical photos you are hoping for and create less smoke.
2. Post a time for the sparkler send off. If you post a time guests will be more likely to hang around to participate in the send off and know when they should expect it to happen.
3. Provide your guests with individual match packs or lighters so the sparklers can all be lit at the same time. Be sure to have the person handing the matches or lighters out tell your guests not to light the sparklers until they are told to.
4. Have metal canisters with sand or water in the bottom of them available before the sparklers are lit. You don't want anyone getting burnt by a hot sparkler, ruining the mood, so provide your guests a vessel to place their spent sparklers into when the fun is over.
5. Designate two to three people to communicate with your guests about the sparkler send off. These people should line your guests up parallel from each other, hand out lighters or matches to each of the guest, give the guests a signal as to when to light their sparklers, and direct the guests to the canisters suitable for outening their sparklers.